Saturday 10 March 2012

Clay On.........

I do like blogging but to be honest, I will think about blogging this and blogging that and before I know it,a few weeks have passed!

So with out further ado here are some of my latest projects I have done of late.

The piece above is from a project out of the March issue of beads and beyond magazine and this was my take on that project. I do love working with polymer clay as you can make what you like and manipulate the clay to that way you want it to go,never mind the amount of finishes you can give it,when it has been cured.

This book came about after I did another very similar and a lady asked if I would do her one,she could use as a book of shadows,she really liked my other one I made and asked if I could also take in to consideration the book from the film "HOCUS POCUS" So here is the book I created using and old, new 2009 page for page diary and polymer clay,and lots of paints and a some imagination!

I belong to a jewelley making group on facebook and since joining have made friends with some extremely talented ladies and gents. One lady in particular, Neena Shilvock makes jaw dropping jewellery made from wires and beautiful gems and stones and has a very unique style. You can check out her beautiful creations here http://networkedblogs.com/uYR1v.

Other things I have made

This is a row of houses altered art for a swap group on Facebook

A charm necklace I have called 
"Gypsy Summer" loaded with beads and charms and added into this piece are handmade polymer beads and handmade friendly plastic beads. I road tested this  to Tesco's last night and loved it, very bright and chunky piece.

This is another piece I made recently handmade polymer beads and strung together with waxed cotton thong
and then to lighten the piece I have added acrylic crackle and turquoise glass beads beads and Tibetan spacers.

Well I think that will do for now until next time folks
Thanks for reading and in the wise words of Vickie Sixsmith
CLAY ON people 


2 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy Jinny! I love the pendant with the impression and your book cover is just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW lots of fantastic projects, they are all really beautiful :) Karen xx

    ReplyDelete